My Library Account Login
Our peer tutors have collected resources to help you learn about a wide variety of subjects, including:
- Accounting, Economics, and Finance
- Computer Skills and Computer Science
- Earth and Environmental Science
- Modern Languages
- Social Sciences
Peer tutors help with understanding course-specific concepts while emphasizing study skills and self-reliant learning.
Peer tutors can meet with you in-person (20/50-minute sessions) at New West and Coquitlam campus or via Zoom (25/55-minute sessions).
Check the current schedule to see what courses are currently available. Even if your course is not listed, you can still book a consultation appointment for help with study skills, and other tips from experienced students. Writing tutors can help with writing assignments from any course.
During your tutoring appointment, your peer tutor will help you
- evaluate and understand the assignment instructions
- guide you to find resources for and answers to questions about your assignment
- suggest techniques for improving your academic and study skills
When tutors can't help you, they will refer you to Learning Centre instructors or to your own instructor.
Several other groups on campus offer learning support for students outside of class time. Usually this support is provided with a drop-in centre, which allows you to get help very quickly when the centre is open. You can visit their webpages for more information:
- Geography Lab - Learn from a lab technician, get hands-on with atlases, rocks and minerals, or jump on a computer to do research.
- Math Lab - Get help from lab facilitators at both campuses Monday-Friday.
- Psychology Lab - Meet with a lab technician, get tips on writing term papers and course assignments, master APA style and more.